A lone cyclist traverses the horizon high on Old Fall River Road, the old dirt road that cuts through Rocky Mountain National Park, and climbs to the Continental Divide. It was the first automobile road to penetrate the interior of the park. The road linked the east side of the park near Estes Park with Grand Lake on the west side. Work began in 1913 and was completed between 1918 and 1920. The narrow road was partly replaced by Trail Ridge Road in 1932, which incorporated sections of the Fall River Road.